- Monday, June 1 - 10am - 12pm Knowing Yourself
- Monday, June 8 - 10am - 12pm Being Part of Your Community
- Monday, June 15 - 10am - 12pm Communication
- Monday, June 22 - 10am - 12pm Problem Solving
- Monday, June 29 - 10am - 12pm Rights and Responsibilities
- Monday, July 6 - 10am - 12pm How to be a Strong Self-Advocate
1. Donation Drive ● 10am - 2pm ● Home Instead—Lee’s Summit, 3980 S. Jackson Drive, Independence, MO Got some JUNK in your trunk? Or garage? Or basement? Turn it into a tax deduction! CFI will take your gently-used medical equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds), refurbish it, and get it to the people who need it.
2. Overland Park Recycling Extravaganza ● 8am - 2pm ● Black & Veatch, 11401 Lamar Avenue, OPKS CFI will be at the Recycling Extravaganza to accept your medical equipment donations.
8. Donation Drive ● 10am - 2pm ● Home Instead—Liberty at Hillcrest Hope Thrift Shop, 7 West Mill Street, Liberty, MO Another opportunity to make a difference by donating your used medical equipment.
11. Deaf Friendly Business Training● 1 :30– 3pm ● Deaf Cultural Center, 455 East park Street, Olathe, KS Is your business “friendly” to the estimated 10,000 Deaf individuals in the KC Metro area? Here is your chance to access this vibrant community of people who work, live and play alongside us all.
16. Breaking Barriers with B&B Theatres ● 10am ● B&B Theatres—Overland Park, 8601 West 135th Street, OPKS Join CFI and B&B Theatres for a special screening of the blockbuster “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.” Tickets are $5.00. This special screening will include accessible features such as open captioning, “living room” level sound, and house lights up during the showing. There are also limited accom-modations for wheelchair users and amplified headphones. To reserve your wheelchair space or amplified headphones, you will need to purchase your ticket through CFI. Call Tyler at (913) 548- 2623 or Matt at (913) 206-0478 for your ticket/reservation.
25. CFI Offices CLOSED for Memorial Day Holiday
26. KC Disability Advocacy Network ● 10am - 12pm ● CFI Kansas Office or online at https://zoom.us/j/721429760 or by phone at (415) 762-9988 ID: 721 429 760 Join the movement toward accessibility in everything from transportation to education and more.
Events Flyers for May 2015